INVESTMENT ANALYST AT LIDYA
CLOSE THE $5 TRILLION SME CREDIT GAP IN FAST-GROWING ECONOMIES!
Lidya is the future of finance for small businesses in fast-growing economies. Our goal is to help great business
owners access financing and build a credit score through an easy and inspiring lending process. Lidya currently
operates in Nigeria where over 100,000 businesses have signed up for its service and is backed by Omidyar
Network, Accion, Newid Capital, Bamboo Capital and Alitheia Capital. The Company has raised close to $10m
USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is founded by Tunde Kehinde, the co-Founder former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest
eCommerce platform in Africa and Ercin Eksin, the former Chief Operating Officer of Jumia Africa responsible for
operations in 6 of the largest economies in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock
Exchange (NYSE). Tunde and Ercin also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer
delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde and Ercin attended Harvard Business School and the University of ChicagoBooth, respectively for their MBAs.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced
Investment Analyst to join our team. Your work will help to grow our loan book and inform smarter, faster credit
decisioning and superior portfolio management. You will be a driving force in helping Lidya quickly scale to
millions of loans with minimal losses and exceptional returns. This is a perfect opportunity to participate in an
entrepreneurial adventure that will revolutionize business in Africa, Europe and beyond.
Job Description: Investment Analyst at Lidya
The Investment Analyst position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients and the assessment of the
creditworthiness of potential customers with the goal of growing Lidya’s loan portfolio.
1. Ambitious & Metrics Driven: You want to solve the $5 trillion USD small business credit gap across fast
growing economies. You are committed to relentlessly finding the right customer, building trust and
converting those relationships into sustainable, win-win partnerships. You understand that you will be
judged on your numbers and building a high growth, profitable loan book.
2. Has no complacency and is high energy. You understand your role is critical to the company. You apply
high energy every day to grow your customer base and revenue. You want to grow every day, month,
quarter, year. You are persistent, clear and driven to get deals done – properly and quickly.
3. Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact. You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency
and dig into the details with the aim to help customers get the credit they need to grow their business.
4. Collaborative. You understand you need a team to succeed. You carry along internal stakeholders to
ensure they are aligned to support and drive sales and conversion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer Acquisition: Present, promote and sell Lidya’s products using solid negotiations to existing and
prospective clients across relevant sectors, including but not limited to companies in the e-commerce,
consumer goods, healthcare and financial services industries.
2. Client Engagement: Manage existing client engagements, appraisal of customer loan applications, and
approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits. Reach out to customer leads
through cold calling and establish, develop and maintain positive new client relationships.
3. Loan Portfolio Growth: Achieve agreed upon commercial targets and outcomes on a monthly basis.
Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers by authentication of
KYC documentation presented for all credit applications and eligibility assessments as required by the
Lidya and regulators.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
1. 1 to 4 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial
Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial
services sector a plus).
2. Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills with a working knowledge of the entire
underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
3. Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, management or a related business discipline.
4. Highly motivated and target driven with a demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects
of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones
(i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
5. Outstanding customer engagement skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer
experience regardless of the final credit decision.
6. Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a goal oriented
environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
7. High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key
credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
Competitive salary and workplace benefits.
Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next
generation of leaders for country-changing ventures.
Join the journey!
We are looking for adventurers who want to make a difference in the fastest growing economies in the world.
Lidya is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly believe that diverse and inclusive teams make better decisions and
work more effectively to make a positive impact for all employees.