Our client is an indigenous player in the oil and gas downstream sector. As a result of expansion, the company is currently in need of an IT Administrator.
The holder of this role will be responsible for managing the company’s computer systems, maintaining information systems and networks, upgrading, and installing new hardware and software, and perform troubleshooting. This position is also required to back up data and manage network security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Computer Network Administration (85%)
• Diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components.
• Determine what the organization needs in a network and computer system before it is set up.
• Install all network hardware and software and make needed upgrades and repairs.
• Collect data to evaluate the networks or system’s performance and help make the system work better and faster.
• Add users to a network and assign and update security permissions on the network.
• Train users on proper use of hardware and software.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs.
• Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel, to make purchases.
• Maintain logs related to network functions as well as maintenance and repair records.
• Analyze and provide timely solutions to computer and network connectivity issues.
• Configure and maintain all network devices and servers.
• Provide technical assistance, support, and training for end users.
• Develop, document, and implement data backup and disaster recovery procedures.
• Develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
• Ensure adequate network security and protection on all computer and network devices.
• Design and implement efficient end-user feedback and error reporting systems.
• Manage and retrieve data from T&A machines
• Keeping up to date with advancements and best practices in IT administration.
2. Social Media (15%)
• Supervise social media officer.
• Implementation of brand initiatives and strategies online, across the company.
• Work with the media team during live programmes and events.
• Coordinate and implement social media marketing communication projects, with responsibilities that include social media advertising and creating brand awareness online.
• Responsible for website management with regular content updates in line with various marketing campaigns of the company.
• Manage social media pages (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc..) including fan page building, daily monitoring, posting, and content development.
• Stay on top of current search engine news trends SEO practices and emerging items of interest.
• Prepare status reports on social media efforts and success rates.
• Assist with equipment (e.g., teleprompter) during digital video recording sessions.
• Any their duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar
• Applicable professional qualification, such as Microsoft, Oracle, or Cisco certification, etc.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
• Extensive experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies.
• Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and system security.
• Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Broad knowledge of all digital marketing channels
• Must be able to think creatively about innovative approaches.
(use the button)-6 as subject before July 15, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted